Become a Trustee
“Over the last two years, leaders, trust representatives and those responsible for governance have made great strides in putting Copley Academy back together”.OFSTED, 2022
Outstanding trust governance is vital to the success of Great Academies Education Trust.
Trustees have three key roles:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic decision
- Hold executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its students and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Oversee the financial performance of the organisation and make sure money is well spent.
Being a Trustee is a voluntary position and we are incredibly grateful to the highly skilled group of people who commit their time and expertise to our academies. We are always keen to hear from individuals who want to become Trustees.
New Trustee Vacancies
Great Academies is looking for a ‘Great Trustee’ with a background in education. A trustee is a deeply rewarding experience. It is an opportunity for you to share your skills with colleagues, develop yourself personally and shape the education and future of the children in our community.
Who can be a Trustee?
Currently the trust is looking for an education specialist to fill the skill set gap on our trust board, this can include a retired professional. To be a trustee you must be aged 18 or over.
How often do Trustees meet?
Our trust board meets four times a year, rotating the location between schools. Trustees also meet for their committee meetings four times a year virtually. There are also two to three opportunities annually for the trustees to come together to work on a project outside of the meeting schedule or complete training.
- Complete our application form or contact Hannah Abbott, Clerk to the Trust Board, for further information on email@example.com .
- Suitable candidates will be invited to interview.
- Successful applicants will be recommended to Trustees and/or Members.
- You will be informed of our decision and successful candidates will be asked to complete a DBS check.