Great Academies employees are now able to benefit from a range of initiatives that can support their work-life balance. All staff can access free health protection through Westfield Health, which offers valuable well-being services such as optical, dental, therapy treatments, chiropody, and health screening.
Discounts and rewards from hundreds of leading retailers, restaurants, and travel destinations are also available through the Trusts Education Staff Wellbeing Charter. The Charter is a declaration of support for a set of commitments to the well-being and mental health of everyone working in education.
The Trust is committed to:
- Prioritising staff mental health
- Giving staff the support, they need to take responsibility for their own and other people’s wellbeing
- Giving managers access to the tools and resources they need to support the well-being of those they line manage
- Establishing a clear communications policy
- Giving staff a voice in decision-making
- Driving down the unnecessary workload
- Championing flexible working and diversity
- Creating a good behaviour culture
- Supporting staff to progress in their careers
- Including a sub-strategy for protecting leader wellbeing and mental health
- Holding ourselves accountable, including by measuring staff wellbeing
Great Academies CEO Brendan Loughran said, “We are committed to ensuring our employee benefits are fit for our staff and remain relevant to the ever-changing trends occurring in education. By enhancing employees’ satisfaction, these benefits will help improve work motivation and efficiency, and ultimately achieve a win-win situation between the Trust and employees.”